Thank you for your interest in working as a Print Manager with TGS! This position is one of the journal’s executive roles–you get to write a bio, upload a meme, and hang out with the other execs!
As the Print Manager, your job will primarily consist of creating the print issue and assisting the Journal Coordinator in overseeing the illustrators. The Editor-in-Chief will be available to answer any questions you might have.
**Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020/2021 issue may be digital-only. Should this be the case, the Print Manager will have increased flexibility with the journal’s design and layout.
Please see below for this role’s requirements:
- Create the annual print issue in Adobe InDesign (some familiarity with this program is strongly preferred, but not required)
- Assist the Journal Coordinator with managing the illustrators (i.e. assigning deadlines, overseeing the draft process)
- Able to attend online meetings
- Incredibly strong attention to detail
- Good design sense
- Exemplary sense of time management; the print manager must work to strict deadlines in the spring
- Oversee (in conjunction with the Journal Coordinator) the copy-editing process
- Able to serve as a liaison with an external printing company**
DEADLINE TO APPLY: October 23rd, 2020 @ 11:59PM